This rich, luscious cheesecake is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Try making it for your next dinner party. Chances are your guests won’t be able to tell you used Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese to make this smooth and creamy cheesecake.
- gingersnap cookies
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 can pumpkin
- 4 tubs (227g) Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 large eggs or egg replacers for 4 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line spring form pan tightly with foil, then wrap outside of pan with foil, pressing wrinkles flat. This will create a watertight seal during baking.
2. Using a blender or food processor, crush gingersnap cookies. Add melted butter, salt and sugar and mix together. Press crumbs into bottom of prepared pan and freeze for 10 mintues.
3. Beat the Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese in a mixer. Add the sugar and eggs and mix till light and fluffy. Add canned pumpkin and cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cardamom.
4. Pour the filling into the prepared pan and place in the oven on a cookie sheet with one inch sides. Create a water bath for the cheesecake to bake in by pouring water into the cookie sheet.
5. Bake cheese cake for 60 to 90 minutes, checking every 30 minutes to add more water if necessary.
6. Once cake has set, remove from oven and let it cool completely.