TOFUTTI® SOUR SUPREME® is the non-dairy butter fat free substitute for sour cream that is similar in taste and texture to real sour cream, and is cholesterol free. It has the delicious taste of traditional sour cream combined with the benefits of being dairy- free.
BETTER THAN CREAM CHEESE® is surprisingly versatile and can be used in dips, snacks, desserts or spread on bagels. For those who wish to eat a healthy diet, TOFUTTI® PLAIN BETTER THAN CREAM CHEESE® contains no trans-fatty acids and is also available with organic sugar and without preservatives. TOFUTTI BETTER THAN CREAM CHEESE also comes in a variety of flavours including Plain, French Onion, Herbs & Chives, and Garlic & Herb.
Non-Dairy TOFUTTI® SOUR SUPREME® and TOFUTTI® BETTER THAN CREAM CHEESE® can be used just like regular sour cream and cream cheese and substituted at a one-to-one ratio in most recipes (cup for cup). Here are some recipes to show the versatility of TOFUTTI® non-dairy products.
Sour Cream Veggie Dip
- 1 cup of sour cream (replace with 1 cup of Non-Dairy TOFUTTI® SOUR SUPREME®)
- 1 cup of mayonnaise (replace with 1 cup of TOFUTTI® BETTER THAN CREAM CHEESE®)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp each of dried onion, parsley and dill weed
- 1 clove of garlic finely minced
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium size bowl using a fork or a hand mixer to blend. Refrigerate at least two hours for flavours to blend.
Banana Sour Cream Bread
- 2 large ripe bananas
- ½ cup of sour cream (substitute TOFUTTI® SOUR SUPREME®)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup non-dairy margarine, softened or ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups of unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (optional)
- Mash the bananas in a small bowl and then add the TOFUTTI® SOUR SUPREME®, soda and vanilla. Cover with plastic wrap or a plate and let sit for 30 minutes to blend
- In a bowl of a stand up mixer add the sugar and butter and cream together until fluffy. Add eggs and beat well. Add banana mixture and blend again. Then add flour, salt, baking powder and mix just until combined. Add fruit if using. Pour batter into a 9 inch greased loaf pan (or use parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray). Bake at 325 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes until toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean