Mother’s Day is this weekend, which means you need to start thinking about how your going to spoil Mom on this special day. Rather than heading to the mall to shop, we suggest a more thoughtful and unique was to show mom you’re thinking of her.
What Moms want most, especially if kids are grown up, is quality time with their kids. So why not plan brunch with all your siblings! Wonder what’s on the menu? We have a healthy, yet delicious menu for you to impress your Mom.
Wrap with Tofutti cream cheese
- 2 whole wheat wraps
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 medium-sized artichoke hearts (in water), chopped or sliced
- 1 small carrot cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 avocado, sliced
- baby lettuce mix
- 4 tbsp Tofutti cream cheese
- 4 tbsp hummus
- Spread 2 tablespoons of Tofutti cream cheese and hummus onto the middle of each wrap.
- Top with your sliced bell peppers and tomatoes. Add in artichoke hearts, carrots, 1/2 of your sliced avocado, and a small handful of lettuce mix.
- Roll each wrap up tightly, cut in half on a diagonal, and enjoy.
“Creamy” Chocolate Coffee
- 2 or 3 tbsp Chocolate Tofutti Premium® non-dairy frozen dessert
- 2 cups coffee, brewed
- dash of cinnamon
Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon into hot coffee. Float Tofutti on top for a creamy, coffee beverage. Add your favourite liqueur, if desired.
Chocolate Cream Truffles
- 1 pkg (8 oz) TOFUTTI BETTER THAN CREAM CHEESE®, softened
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp almond-flavored liqueur
- 4 squares Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted
- 1/4 Cup Slivered Almonds, toasted, ground
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Beat cream cheese, honey and liqueur with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Stir in melted chocolate and almonds; cover.
Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until firm.
Roll cream cheese mixture into 24 balls, using a scant tablespoonful of the cream cheese mixture for each ball. Roll in cocoa until evenly coated. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.