This is a delicious recipe combining apples and Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream to make a scrumptious dessert.
- 1 cup Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbs flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg or substitute
- 3 cups peeled, sliced tart apples
- 1 9 inch unbaked pie shell, frozen or chilled in the freezer for at least 30 minutes
Cinnamon crumb topping
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Mix together crumb topping ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Chill until needed.
3. Beat together sour cream, sugar, flour, salt, vanilla and egg. Add apples, mixing carefully to coat well.
4. Put filling into a pie shell and bake at 400°F for 25 min.
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cinnamon crumb topping. Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
6. Let cool for a hour before serving.